OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
Peregrine Travel Qld is looking for two bloggers to head overseas and blog for us on a Peregrine or Intrepid holiday!
So, if this is you:
- You love to travel;
- You can string a sentence together (especially with an editor checking your copy);
- You are handy snapping photographs on your phone or camera; and
- You would love to post blogs and images of your adventure while away…
… then we’ve got a great new competition and blogger adventure for you!
We have two categories:
Open is open to everyone over the age of 18 years, who can travel independently. The winner of this category will be heading to Japan on our Japan Express trip for 9 days departing 18 November 2017. Check out the trip – here.
If you are over 50 and would like to blog for us on a trip to Cambodia, then here’s your chance. Our winner will join Peregrine’s Cambodia in Depth adventure departing Saturday 11 November 2017 for 12 days. Check out the trip – here.
All the T&Cs are below, so make sure you can fulfil them before entering as these trips are not transferrable or redeemable for cash.
How to enter:
- Send us a sample TRAVEL BLOG (Word doc) extract that you have written (limited to 250 words) or a VIDEO of yourself presenting a travel adventure of two minutes in length;
- Also include a photo of yourself (travel shot, head shot, whatever you like as long as we can see you for the voting page if you are a finalist);
- Plus a very short bio, about 50 words is good!
- Send your entry to editor [@] backtrack.com.au (remembering to remove the brackets & spaces)
- We’ll put your entry online at Peregrine Travel Qld and Back Track Adventures.
- On Thursday 13 July 2017, we’ll select 20 finalists to feature (10 for the Open category and 10 for the Senior category)
- … and then you can tell your friends, family and get people voting.
- Voters can vote once for your blog or video.
- At the closing date, the blogger with the most votes in the Open and in the Senior category is our winner!
Open travel blogger prize:
Take an amazing Intrepid trip on our Japan Express adventure departing Saturday 18 November 2017 for 9 days – valued at $2445 plus airfares.
Make new friends and share your experience with us!
An exciting Peregrine adventure – Cambodia in depth, departing Saturday 11 November 2017 for 12 days – valued at $3335 plus airfares.
Make new friends, share this experience and tell us about it!
What you have to do in return (the catch!):
To enter, you must be able to commit to providing the following if you win:
- You can travel on the specified dates – these are not transferable;
- You must be able to post one photo a day (more photos welcome) on our Facebook site or email it to our team with a caption so we can post it, and share this on our social media network:
- E.g. a photo from the departure lounge, with your fellow travellers, wonderful sights, great eats, in nature, etc.
- Where possible ensure you are in the photo as a selfie or with some fellow travellers if they permit.
- On your return, you will need to write and supply a blog of no less than 500 words on your adventure and supply at least four photos;
- You will need a valid passport and to be able to confirm flights with our travel team on or as close as possible to Friday 4 August 2017 if you are the winner;
- And you need to have a great time, of course!
- Open for entries: Monday 12 June 2017. Send your entry to editor [@] backtrack.com.au (remembering to remove the brackets & spaces)
- Entries feature on our website as they come in
- Close date for entries Thursday 13 July at 9am
- Voting period for the finalists 9am Friday 14 July – 9am Thurs 3 August 2017 on our website
- Winner announced Friday 4 August 2017
- Flights booked within the period of 4 – 12 August 2017
- Open travel blogger: Japan Express, Saturday 18 November 2017 for nine days;
- Senior travel blogger: Cambodia in depth, Saturday 11 November 2017 for 12 days.
Terms and conditions – okay here’s the lowdown…
- Entry is open to Australian residents only, aged 18 and over. There is no entry fee and you are limited to one entry only in one category;
- Peregrine Travel Qld will supply ONE holiday to the Open winner and ONE holiday to the Senior winner including return economy flights from a major capital city to the holiday destination;
- Inclusions are as listed in the trip itinerary and meals as specified on the itinerary. The Open travel winner to Japan will receive $500 towards meals as no meals are included on this trip;
- Accommodation on the trips is twin share;
- The winners will need to supply their own compulsory travel insurance (we can provide a quote – budget from $190, slightly dearer for over 60s) and any meals not specified on the itinerary, optional extras that you select, personal expenditure such as drinks and souvenirs, tipping, camera;
- You accept that your blog, photos and posts will be shared on our websites and social media platforms now and in the future, including promotion of the trip and advertising;
- Peregrine Travel Qld and Back Track Adventures reserves the right to edit your material as required;
- We will endeavour to display all entries online but if the volume of entries makes this impossible, we will feature the best of the week prior to the finalists being announced;
- The winner is determined by the highest number of votes received, with one vote valid per email address;
- In the event of a tie or insufficient votes, the directors of Back Track Adventures will select a winner in each category;
- Only blogs/entries submitted between 9am on 12 June 2017 to 9am on 13 July 2017, will be valid for entry and Peregrine Qld and Back Track Adventures reserves the right to disallow any entry or substitute travel arrangements as required;
- Holiday dates are locked in and are not transferrable or redeemable for cash;
- If the winner is unable to take the holiday prize, it will revert to the second highest vote-getter and continue until a winner is found or judges deem the competition invalid;
- The Open prize and Senior prize will be awarded to one winner each only;
- How to enter (above) specifies the length or format of the entry required. Entries that exceed 300 words will be edited or may be returned;
- The ‘Your commitment’ section above includes what you agree to supply if you win the competition;
- Photos are essential as part of your entry and your blog;
- The winner can share the material that you produce on your trip with Peregrine Travel Qld amongst your social network but this material cannot be on-sold to other blogs or travel companies;
- All entrants will automatically receive our weekly eDM, but can unsubscribe at any time;
- Entries must be in English;
- Word doc, pdf and jpg files only;
- Winners announced on our website and winners will be contact directly;
- Peregrine, Intrepid, Geckos Adventures, Exodus and Back Track Adventures staff and their partners are ineligible to enter.
Any queries: email us at editor [@] backtrack.com.au